South Indian Movies and Me...
South Indian Movies and Me...
Since my childhood, I have been watching South Indian movies dubbed in Hindi. As we all know, south Indian movies are known for unrealistic action scenes in their movies. But leaving apart the action part, I think these are the only movies that try to emphasize the Indian culture, our value system, religion, traditions, faith, customs, and rituals which most of our Bollywood movies ignore.
These movies try to show the life story of a common man that we can relate to in our day-to-day lives and we consider ourselves as the hero or the key person in the movie. As I mentioned earlier they try to show an ideal Indian family which I always admire. There are many lessons that I have learned from these movies, which I would like to list here -
- The importance of family in life and the 'FAMILY FIRST' approach
- Sacrifice for the family or loved ones
- Pride in our culture and religion
- Being down to earth and humbly attached to the roots
- And many more.....
I feel really fortunate to have grown up with these values inculcated in me. Most people might not agree with this, but this is my perception of South Indian movies and what I have learned from it. I am not saying these are ideal movies but definitely better than watching the ones that deform the religion and try to show the unrealistic world highlighting just the love stories. I am not trying to or either, I wish to criticize the Bollywood movies, but these are my personal views and opinions that I cherish.
Comments
Post a Comment